Saturday, February 5, 2011

Potty Pow-Wow

This is another one of those stories that has had a title long before I wrote these words.

Potty Pow-Wow= gathering of pets in the bathroom while you are confined to or seated on the commode.

If you are a pet owner then I would think that 99.9999% of you know exactly what a potty pow-wow means.
You are seated on the john and in walks one or more of your pets. The intention is not to just see what you are doing, it is "interaction" time. I know that I can't possibly be the only one who carefully leans forward to scratch someones belly, or have another sit on my lap, or have a big dog head or two in my lap. If I am the only one, then the rest of you are lying or too embarrassed to admit this happens.

I have one cat who will run into the bathroom before I even step in the room because he is my biggest potty fan. He knows he gets special treatment and special scritches. How long has this been going on.... for Stewie, at least 8 years. For me..as long as I have owned animals. Yep, it has become a habit.

Ok, so why don't I just close the bathroom door? Yeah right. Because then I hear the scratches on the door, paws under the door, the dogs whining...what are you doing in there? hey, why is the door closed? Huh, what the heck? If you are a parent of human children then you know this is also small child phenomenon.

So the big question is "why"?. Why are our pets so intent in grabbing our attention while we are incapacitated? My best guess is because we are a "captive" audience. We aren't distracted by the tv, a book or newspaper( well, most of us).
What better time for some one on one.

So, my suggestion, just laugh and enjoy your potty pow-wow time.
It is much more entertaining than your other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment