Monday, October 17, 2011

Sharing VOTK with friends

I  wanted to share that this weekend I had several friends come out to VOTK to visit as my guests.  I went out Saturday morning with Patty, a long time friend, and she got the most personal tour one can get as one on one. On Sunday I had more friends come out, including 2 children.  I love being able to express my passion for the animals and the rescue in general.  The residents have mostly sad beginnings but what we see are the happy, loved faces, we hear the purrs, the chuffs, the chirps, squawks, whatever noise they make to show pleasure and contentment.  Looking us eye to eye and expressing "thank you" and "I love you" with the depth of their very being.  At the end of a very long day I got to see Zipper move out of his old enclosure, down the hallway into his new palace.  He chuffed and chuffed and checked out everyone helping on his walk through, there were no dry eyes. Zipper is old, and has been having trouble walking, we think he has had a series of mini strokes & or seizures.  So to see him so happy just welled up our hearts and our eyes.  Raj, our new tiger was then moved from the trailer into Zipper old home. It was dark and he was slowly working his way through Seava's area to get to his new home.  I had to leave because my own pets at home, especially the dogs were probably crossing legs until I got home.  I look forward to seeing Raj and Zipper enjoying their new homes.  Sheba, the new lion has been adjusting well, she loves to jump up on her new house.  Her orientation /exposure with Satchel looks very promising :).   I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment