Monday, July 15, 2013

LILY'S LAST DAY - 6/9/2006 - 7/13/2013

LILY'S LAST DAY - 6/9/2006 - 7/13/2013.... 

I believe that my little girl knew that today was the day. She gave me subtle signs that I didn't want to see but understood once she was gone. At 7 AM we went outside, she peed and decided that she wanted to stay outside. She rested, enjoying the cool, wet grass and mild breeze running across her tired body. She would get up and move when the shade went away. After 3 hours she decided it was time to go in the house, she promptly got up, went up the deck stairs and retreated to my bedroom. She spent another 2 hrs and 15 minutes on my bed. She had enough energy to jump up on the bed. Lily claimed my bed as her own on the day I first brought her home, she was spending her last hours in a place she felt safe and secure, it was our bed. I tried giving her meds and water, she wanted none, was adamant about it, my heart started to crack. I came out to the living room and sat down and she followed me out, she wanted to be by my side, she looked at me with so much love. I knew it was time and rushed to her side, hugging and crying as her soul left her body. Kenyon, who I lost 4 yrs ago was waiting for her and they are reunited, back to their old wrestling and horsing around. I take comfort that they are back together. I love you my little Lil, Lil. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ to infinity and beyond my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment